WHAT IS COLLAGEN?
Collagen is liquid skin! It’s the body’s commonest substance, after water. The main structural protein in connective tissue, it comprises over 70–75% of skin and 25–35% of whole-body protein content.
Collagen regenerates the body’s cells. It’s abundant in corneas, bones, blood vessels, the gut, intervertebral discs and dentin in teeth. Collagen gives skin its elasticity, hair and nails their strength, and keeps tissues, cartilage and muscles connected for healthy, flexible joints.
OUR PRODUCTS’ KEY DIFFERENCE
Our products contain hydrate, not hydrolysate. Collagen is captured and extracted from fish skin in the form of triple helix (spiral) molecules. These precursors of collagen fibers are then preserved — not processed! Thus, the molecules maintain their triple helix structure and determine their biological activity in beauty and health products.
This helical pro-collagen — hydrate — easily breaks down into peptides once it touches the skin. Unlike hydrolyzed collagen, hydrate peptides easily penetrate the skin’s triple layers to build a network of protein "scaffolds" that regenerate, strengthen, and support skin, hair, nails and joints.
Check the ingredients of many anti-aging, skin-care products and supplements; they include “hydrolyzed collagen.” This type of collagen comes from the connective tissues and cartilages of cows and pigs. It becomes hydrolysate after aggressive chemical processing. Though compromised, it still resembles collagen in its amino acid composition, but not in its structure. This “dead” protein can’t fully penetrate the skin’s outer layer (the epidermis) to interact with its underlying tissues (the dermis and hypodermis). Thus, its moisturizing effect is temporary.
Collagen hydrate, the basis of our skin care products, retains its vitality, due to its triple helix structure — a characteristic of living organisms.
BENEFITS OF COLLAGEN HYDRATE
Aging depletes the body’s ability to regenerate collagen. The cells structure weaken; skin wrinkles; hair thins; and joints stiffen. Our biologically active, fish-derived collagen hydrate formula:
- Delays the aging process by enhancing the body’s ability to promote health throughout its structures
- Is a water-based solution of collagen and elastin containing cranberry extract, a natural preservative
- Is combined with lactic acid — the only acid that maintains the spatial fiber structure of collagen — to accelerate exfoliation as it brightens the skin’s epidermis
- Is temperature-resistant and can be used year round in different climates
- Combines easily with other beneficial substances to promote health
- Contains no colouring or fragrance
Feedback on Our Skin Care and Supplements
Researchers and clients say our products can...
- Delay the premature aging process by regenerating and hydrating tissues (all collagens)
- Smooth wrinkles and soothe sunburns (all collagens)
- Alleviate allergies, juvenile acne and scars (all collagens)
- Delay and restore premature loss of natural hair colour, and stimulate hair growth (Colvita)
- Regenerate, strengthen and remove discolouration from nails (Colvita)
- Improve blood circulation and support the treatment of varicose veins (Vitamin C-olway with Collagen)
- Aid in reducing the “orange-peel” effect of cellulite (Collagen Slimming Serum)
- Slow early-stage osteoporosis (Colvita)
- Prevent vaginal infections, and regenerate thinning vaginal sheath (all collagens)
- Reduce stretch marks, post-natal pain and lower back pain (all collagens and Colvita)
- Reduce the occurrence of colds and flu (all supplements)
- Soothe skin after shaving and depilation (all collagens)